Friday 26 September 2008

Work ends

What an amazing day! My thirty years at Deer Park has finally come to an end.

Having said that I wanted no presents, no speeches and no cards I have been overwhelmed by the wonderful goodbyes (and the presents, the cards, the speeches ... and the cake). Since so many of my colleagues have expressed an interest in this blog it seems a good place to say thank you. I could not have had a better day (or week) and it has left me feeling quite emotional.

Anyone who has not worked in a school finds it hard to appreciate the quality of the people who do - particularly those who are not teachers but put in so much effort to support those who do teach. Deer Park has long been a remarkable school, full of remarkable people, and I have been very lucky to be part of it.

J

No comments: